Wednesday, February 15, 2017

FEBRUARY READER WHO KNITS: Beverly Laude

It's the third Wednesday of the month, so it must be time for Readers Who Knit!  DestiKNITters, meet Beverly Laude.

Beverly, what’s on your needles right now?  
Another hat, of course!  I hadn’t done any knitting for a long time because I broke my right arm (dominant one, of course!) in Feb. 2013.  I took up crochet after it healed, but was only able to manage knitting after having one of the plates removed last year to allow more flexibility and less pain.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?  I finished a sweater that I had started years ago.  My first garment and I actually got it sewn together and have worn it.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice youve ever made?  
Buying yarn just because I love it, then having it sit in a tote for years because I can’t find the “perfect” pattern.

Straight needles or circular?  
I have come to enjoy working with circular needles for hats & large projects.

Metal or wood needles?  
Metal….never used wooden needles!

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?  
The darker, the better!

Coffee or tea?   
Coffee
What are you reading now?  
Several books, including Beyond the Ice Limit by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child and Warriors from the Reverians series by Sarah Noffke.


Do you have a favorite knitting character from a book, movie, or television show?  
Not really a favorite one, but I enjoy reading books with characters that knit.


Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:   

As her thank you for being featured, Beverly chose ten hanks of Cascade 220 in Fuschia, a copy of Mission of Hope, and a copy of  My So-Called Love Life for her friend.  If you'd like to be featured on Readers Who Knit, contact me at allie@alliepleiter.com.

No comments: