Sunday, May 22, 2016

Linen Stitch Bag from Unraveled - Day 1

Take it from the bottom...

The fiber in this project is lovely. Araucania Huasco Chunky comes in luscious color-ways and rich solids.  It boasts that sigh-worthy, lofty plushness between your fingers that makes knitting such a pleasure.  I always look at this and think, “This is what those cheaper yarns are trying to be.”  No fancy novelty tricks, just fine merino in splendid colors.

The pattern launches from the center of the bottom. You could use double-points if you had them in 10.5, but as my needles of choice are KnitPicks interchangeables, I just started with a long cable in magic loop and swapped it out to a 14” when I got to my desired circumference.  I went a bit larger than the pattern’s 6 inch diameter because I wanted the finished product to serve as a knitting bag for me.  This may mean I end up with a shorter bag, but I’m okay with that.

Right now I’m only working with one color for the bottom.  That’ll change when I start the next section, but it’s a good toe-in to the project because I’m really not at all sure how the color ways are going to combine.  Color combos really aren’t my strength, and even though I had specific help from the good folks at Unraveled, I’m feeling nervous about the results.  


Stick with me and we’ll find out together. 

No comments: