Thursday, September 9, 2010

Knit Along: Comin’ Round the Mountain Socks from Hearthstone Knits - Day 1

Because I have two feet, you know...

That steam you saw rising over northern Illinois?  That was the smoke coming out of my overtaxed brain.  That grinding you heard?  My mental gears trying to figure out how to adapt this lovely pattern to my particular sensibilities.
Um, I may have bitten off more than I can chew here.
I need to say that none of my mental anguish has anything to do with Georgia’s charming pattern.  Her pattern is just fine.  Clever and original.  No, that’s not the issue.
This issue is that I don’t have the attention span to ensure production of a second sock so I need to do the “two socks on one circ” method.  Which makes for a complicated cast on, and some very tricky stitch-wrangling to handle the traveling yarn-over design as it jumps from needle to needle around the sock.  In short, certain portions of this episode’s festivities will be “fudged” in the name of getting both socks simultaneously done.  

Because I like these socks, I really like this yearn, and last time I checked I had two feet.
One of which I may be inserting repeatedly into my mouth during all this.
Will it work?  Will I be calling Georgia in a panic, testing her customer’s claim that “when I need help, I know this is where I can get it.”?  Could be.  In fact, I might go so far as to say “highly likely.”  
I’ll let you know.



No comments: