Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Authors Who Knit: Robin Lee Hatcher


DestiKNITters, stepping up to the "Authors Who Knit" plate today is RITA and Christy award-winning inspirational author Robin Lee Hatcher.

Robin, what’s on your needles right now?
A prayer shawl in shades of rose and mauve.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
I began knitting prayer shawls after I had breast cancer surgery. It just seemed like a good use of my time. Sometimes I know from the start who the shawl is for. Sometimes I don't know until I'm done. But time and again, those shawls have gone to someone who needed a little bit of love and comfort.

However, I must admit that the project that was the most fun were the "funky" scarves I made for the women in my annual brainstorming group. They were all so surprised.

Straight or circular needles?
Circular for the big projects. Straight for scarves.

Metal or wood needles?
Metal.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate.

Coffee or tea?
Coffee.

Have you written a knitting character?
Yes, more than one over the years. But the most recent is Gloria Fisher, mother of the heroine in my novel Beloved that will release in late spring/early summer 2013.

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book?
I hope they won't suspect how hard Betrayal (Nov. 2012) was to write. My characters, Hugh Brennan and Julia Grace, have both known cruel betrayal at the hands of people they should have been able to trust. Writing the stories of not one but two wounded souls was hard to do just right. I hope readers will think that's what I accomplished.

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:
Knit Wits
8850 Fairview Avenue
Boise,  ID 83704

If you'd like to know more about Robin and her novels, click on by her website and say hello.  And, if you're a knit-to-an-audiobook person like me, you'll be delighted to know that many of Robin's books are available on audible.com

Next up, DestiKNITions tackles "A Lady's Mantle" from Knitter's Mercantile in Columbus Ohio.

No comments: