Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cables Building Block from Knitting Temptations - Done!


Bliss, Squared...

It’s perfect.  Simple and perfect.  

While I’ve done more complicated knitting projects, I can’t remember being so inexplicably pleased with a simple square of cables.  

Really, I’m sitting here grinning.  The texture of the thing is downright entrancing.  I suppose part of the charm for me is the eventual use of this project--a pillow for my daughter.  It’s so crazy soft; it’s perfect for a pillow.  

It makes me want to go buy a bunch of skeins of this yarn and knit up the whole afghan.  If one square is this touchable, can you imagine how blissful a whole afghan would feel?  I want to do it again, and I want to do more.  That’s the sign of a brilliant pattern.  

Thanks, Michelle Hunter and Knitting Temptations, for an absolutely fabulous bit of knitting.

No comments: