Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May Authors Who Knit: Ann Hood

Ann and I first met at the Kentucky Book Fair, and I've loved her books.  Here she is to share about her knitting and her current book, which I know you'll love.



What’s on your needles right now?
Haha! Which pair? I have the beginnings of a gorgeous blanket; two socks almost finished on a magic loop; one fingerless mitt; and a dish rag, always.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
That first scarf I made in October, 2002.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
Sweaters. Every one of them I’ve ever knit.

Straight or circular needles?
Circular—you can always fly with them anywhere in the world.

Metal or wood needles?
Wood.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Dark.

Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

Have you written a knitting character? 
Mary in THE KNITTING CIRCLE, Maya in THE RED THREAD.

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book?
It’s historical fiction.


Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:

Fresh Purls
769 Hope Street  
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 270-8220




DestiKNITters, make sure you take a look at THE KNITTING CIRCLE when you're thinking of your next read.  I know you'll enjoy not only the knitting, but the wonderful story.  And in case you're wondering, it is indeed available as an audiobook!  

To learn more about Ann and her books, visit her website at www.annhood.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann, thanks so much for letting us peek into your knitting basket! I've loved your books for ages and ages -- Waiting To Vanish is one of the books that made me want to become a writer, and I still have my original copy, cover falling off, on my bookshelf. Every time I see you've got a new book out, it's like a gift.

Allie, thanks for having Ann here! I love all the adventures that knitting has brought your way, my friend -- you're amazing!