Thursday, October 12, 2017

The Asheville Scarf from Friends & Fiberworks - Day 2

The least crazy thing...

I’ve had the craziest of weeks. Plot twists (and not in my books!), surprise issues, things that didn't work the way they were supposed to…you know, life.

If I were knitting a complicated lace project right now, I don’t know that I could pick it up. I'm not sure I'd want to pick it up. Seriously, I don't seem to have enough brain cells left at the end of these days. 

But this scarf? It fits the bill perfectly. I was in another meeting last night (my 3rd!) and I could simply sit and listen and knit. I can’t express how wonderful that was. 

Even if nothing else went right in my day, that row would still be done, I’d be that much closer to the finish line on this project. I can’t say that about much in my life right now. Things seem to unravel as fast as I put them together.

Soothing. That’s the word for this project. The lush greens and easy stitches are soooo soothing. I smile as it grows into itself, stitch by stitch. My breath slows and my pulse rate goes down.


Ah, knitting. What would I do without you?

No comments: