Thursday, June 9, 2016

Linen Stitch Bag from Unraveled - Day 5

A bag is born! 

Well, something that rather looks like a bag is born.  Right now it resembles a multi-colored blob closed at one end, but that’s to be expected at this stage.  When I look at it, the open edge feels wide.  Really wide.  Made more wide by the two-strands-held-together bind off which adds heft but in my case also seems to add width.  The open edge curves outward like a happy rainbow hat-brim.

Now, I am deeply aware that most of this probably won’t matter once the drawstring is implemented (and yes, I’m still living in fear of those endless rounds of i-cord).  I do wonder, however, just how tightly you can draw such a big thing closed?  Will it end up being practically useful?

The good news is that I don’t much care.  I love baskets and textured decorative objects, so if this ends up drawn lightly closed around a plant or just sitting as an object d’art on my office shelves, I will be equally happy as if it’s toting around my latest project.  Because it’s that pretty.  And making pretty things makes me happy.  


If it’s pretty AND useful, well that’s just icing on the cake, yes?

1 comment: