Sunday, July 6, 2014

Leftie Shawl from Knot Just Knits - Slight Detour

 You may have noticed an obvious lack of Allie during the past week or so.  Now, there is no dangerous crisis, but I thought I owed you an explanation.  I do try to be diligent about this blog business.

I have suffered from migraines most of my adult life.  Up until late last year, they had been very effectively controled.  Then this nifty little process called menaupause sent everything into biological havoc.  Things got crazy enough that in late June I was placed on a preventative drug, since no one--me included--thought four migraines a month was a good track record to keep up.

The migraines stayed away, but in their place came some really annoying side effects that have made my standard life schedule pretty much impossible.  Many lovely things had to be set aside, especially since my friendly editors in New York gifted me with two additional deadlines.  Working has been like driving down the highway in first gear, but we're getting through it until an alternative can be crafted.

I am four " leafs" away from the end of my Leftie shawl, so you should be hearing from me soon.  It just might not be as soon as I'd like.

No comments: