Sunday, July 21, 2013

Lucy Neatby’s Udderly Divine Bag from Orange Kitten Yarns - Day 4

Ready for Pink...

Yes!  Finally done with all that cow, and on to the quiet inches of pink stockinette that will give this bag its “udder.”  Much as I love black and white, I’m tired of looking at it.

I’m also very tired of getting to the end of a stretch of one color only to realize I haven’t carried the yarn in back and I need to take it all out again.  I can’t tell you how many times this has happened in this project.  I think it’s because of all the color switching.  You get to a stretch of one color, and it’s like a raceway straightaway--you “floor it,” eager for some speed.  Then you realize you’ve left the other poor color hanging lost and un-anchored back at the starting line.  Tink, tink, tink, redo.  Sigh.  It’s annoying because I know better.


Still, like most projects that presented a challenge, when I look back at the completed section I feel a tremendous sense of satisfaction.  The primal “I made this” that drives why we all knit.  The interplay of color and texture that speaks to an inner need--even if that need is to be just a wee bit silly.

No comments: