Saturday, December 2, 2017

Silk Moon Crescent shawl from KnitCircus - Day 5

Bound(off) to please...

I know I keep repeating myself, but oh, the color. 

And not just the color, but the color progression. KnitCircus does color gradients like no one else—gorgeous! 

It makes me wish that I had a huge, generous shawl of this to wrap around myself instead of a shawlette.  But then, of course, who knows how long those final rows would be? As it was, that bind off took me the entire 2-hour premiere of this season’s Agents of Shield to complete. Granted, it was Jenny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, which is always extra work but always 100% worth it. Jenny’s is my bind off of choice these days, no matter what the project.


I’m curious to see how much this increases with blocking. Sometimes these things stretch out quite a bit, other times not so much.  I’d like it if it spread out and became a bit lighter in weight, but considering how lovely it is at the moment, I expect I’ll be pleased with any result.

No comments: