Monday, March 27, 2017

Little Cotton Rabbit from Willow Hill Yarn Company — Day 2

Heading into face the challenge…

This is where the rabbit hits the….um, perhaps I ought to use a different cliché.

The head and face are this project’s crucial steps, in my opinion.  They absolutely determine the cute factor.  The body can be technically perfect, but if the head looks odd, the whole rabbit is going to look odd.  I was nervous.

Fortunately for me, Julie  Williams gives lots of supportive, helpful instructions.  Of course, like every Pinterest Fail you’ve ever giggled over, my own personal results fail in charm when compared with the photos she provides.  Her bunnies look quaint and lovely.  Mine is assuredly going to end up looking “homemade.”

Still, come on.  It’s a bunny.  In springtime.  In a pink polkda-dotted dress.  Really, how wrong can I go?  

Wait, don’t answer that.

The most helpful of Julie’s comments was that it takes two or three tries to get the face right.  This proved true.  Since she handles the nose and mouth with a single threat embroidered in a clever sequence, you can take it out and start again with minimal fuss.  It did, in fact, take me four tries to get something I felt was close to pleasing. After that, the eyes were easier to align.


Phew!  My rabbit’s not totally adorable, but she can hold her own.  She can hold her little stuffed head up high (eventually).  And I can live with that.

No comments: