Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November Reader Who Knits: Katherine John

It's time to meet this month's Reader Who Knits! DestiKNITters, say hello to Katherine John.

Katherine, What’s on your needles right now?
This hat for a friend.



What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
My first sweater. I knit the hemline too short and did some sort of wonky shaping in the sleeves that I hoped would straighten out in the blocking process. It didn’t. However, I still wear it. Occasionally. When all my other sweaters and jackets are in the wash. ;)

Straight needles or circular?
Circular, because they are less easy to lose and more comfortable.

Metal or wood needles?
Metal! I love the way the stitches slide off the needles.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
If it’s Hershey’s: Milk Chocolate. If it’s “fancy”: Dark Chocolate!




Coffee or tea?
Plain, hot green tea every day!

What’s your favorite Allie novel?
My So-Called Love Life” Hilarious!

What are you reading now?
Colossians. As a college student, the Bible is the only non-textbook I have time for. Thanksgiving break is coming up soon, though, so I plan on catching up on my reading then!
Do you have a favorite knitting character from a book, movie, or television show?
Galen from “Princess of the Midnight Ball” by Jessica Day George.




Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:

I haven’t found any near me, yet. But I have hope that one will open sometime soon!

As her prize for being featured, Katherine receives ten hanks of Cascade 220 in Silver Gray. She chose a copy of A Heart to Heal for herself and Mission of Hope for a friend.

If you'd like to be featured on Readers Who Knit, email me at allie@alliepleiter.com for details.

No comments: