Thursday, January 29, 2015

Alexandra Scarf from Gauge Knits - Day 3

Just the necessities of life...

Some colors just cheer you right up.  While the mind certainly goes to red with February just around the corner, I have to say the green is downright refreshing against all of Chicago’s slushy grey January.  Spring will be here…eventually.

I really thought I’d have the repeat memorized by now, but I’m still stuck counting rows.  that’s annoying, but I suspect it’s more a function of my 50+ year old brain cells than of any pattern deficit.


I’ve been working hard this week, staring endlessly at words while I race toward a deadline.  I can’t tell you how lovely it is to stop and knit on my breaks. Yes, they are both “creative pursuits,” but one is such a perfect counterpoint to the other.  I feel like I could spend the rest of my life bouncing back and forth between writing and knitting.  Well, as long as there was coffee and chocolate involved.  And maybe some peanut butter.  Peanut butter is always nice.  Oh, and lemon meringue pie.  And French macarons.  And maybe a few episodes of Doctor Who

No comments: