Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mapes Shawl from Lovin' Knit - Done! Also: WIN FREE YARN & BOOKS

Wow and WOW!

Wow, does blocking make a difference in this shawl!  While I do tend to like my shawls bigger than this one, there is something to be said for a smaller one that can just cover the shoulders.  

I wore it with a brown turtleneck and a spiffy shawl pin--more like a scarf than a shawl--and received many compliments.  All in all, a very satisfying project.  Thanks for a intriguing knitting experience, Lovin’ Knit and Barbara Benson.




Now, listen up, because WOW, I’ve got some special news to share:  my fabulous publisher Love Inspired Books has teamed up with the folks at Lion Brand Yarn (I’ve featured their studio in one of my NYC adventures) for a holiday sweepstakes you won’t want to miss!  To enter, upload a photo of something you’ve knitted (or crocheted) out of love for someone else.  Your entry could win you this splendid collection of Lion Brand fiber goodies, not to mention some great reading. 
What’s not to love?  Click here to get all the details and don’t delay--the contest ends on November 29.

No comments: