Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July Authors Who Knit: Terri J. Haynes

It's time to meet this month's author who shares our love for yarn and needles.  DestiKNITters, say hello to Terri Haynes.

Terri, what’s on your needles right now? 
Too many things. I’m working on a blanket for my new grand-nephew, a cowl, a summer sweater, and a shawl. I normally keep at least two projects going: a complicated one for home and an easy travel/Bible study project. 

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment? 
I fixed a mistake several rows down on a very complicated lace shawl…all while I had a migraine. I would have cheered, but it would have been too painful. I rewarded myself with a nap.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made? 
I have a horrible habit of not reading the pattern all the way through. For instance, I was convinced that I’d made a mistake in the sweater on my needles and was about to rip out all that work. I happened to glance at the pattern before I did, and low and behold, the sweater was right!

Straight or circular needles? 
Circular.

Metal or wood needles? 
Actually, I just got a new pair of Karbonz by Knitter’s Pride for my birthday (made of carbon with nickel tips). They are light like wood and smooth like metal. They are also very warm and durable. I LOVE them. 

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate? 
Dark with almonds and sea salt. 

Coffee or tea? 
Both. I’ve recently renewed my love for coffee, especially cinnamon flavored.

Have you written a knitting character? 
No, but my main character, Tempest, wears a knitted shawl in one of the scenes.

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book? 
That I don’t like reality TV. I had to watch hours of it and many different shows for research. In the end, I found a few that I enjoyed like What Not To Wear, My Fair Wedding, The Locator, and a BBC show called Hotel Inspector.



Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store: 
Fibre Space
1219 King Street, 
Alexandria, VA 22314

Show Terri some DestiKNITter cyber-love by visiting her website or blog.  If you'd like to friend Terri on Raverly, you'll find her under the name Butterflutter.  You can purchase her book on Amazon.

No comments: