Saturday, August 4, 2012

Honey Cowl from Cream City Yarn - Day 3


The progress panacea...

Nothing soothes like progress.  It feels lovely to be halfway done with this cowl as life settles down a bit.  I never cease to be amazed at how life hands me the knitting project I need exactly when I need it.  Some of my more demanding projects would have given me fits right now, and this is perfect.  Interesting, but not taxing.  Blissful to touch, easy to work with, pleasing to look at...everything I want in “therapy knitting.”

I have one spot where I’m wondering if I’ve done it right, or if it’s an unavoidable fact of knitting patterns in the round.  While there’s no technical seam, it’s clearly visible where my rounds end.  My guess is that given the stitch pattern alternates every row, there’s no way to avoid this line.  Have any of you had this experience?

A short detour for a little promotion:
If you’ll be attending the upcoming Stitches Midwest, the lovely folks at Ohio’s Knitter’s Mercantile (you’ll be meeting them in a future episode) will be hosting a giveaway of my World War I knitting novel, HOMEFRONT HEROFree copies of the book will be available at noon Saturday August 11 to the first 50 guests at the Knitter’s Mercantile booth.  Free books at a yarn show?  Sounds like heaven to me.  Come by and say hello.

1 comment:

Kimberly and Abby said...

Use that line from the "seam" as the spot where you line the cowl up behind your neck, and no one'll notice it.