Saturday, November 26, 2011

Knit Along: Schmetterling Shawl from Mia BellaDay 3


Yikes!  It’s just getting bigger!
Did I not ponder the lack of wisdom in a project which just got larger the closer we got to the holiday?  I need finishing motivation, people.  I can barely remember to close kitchen cabinet doors or empty the dishwasher.  That’s sorely lacking here.  What I need are projects that start out with long (and thereby slow) rows and work toward short (and fast) rows.  

Yes, well, we can’t always get what we want, can we?
So I’m building character here (right? right??).  I’m glad there’s only one more repeat of this pattern because I think more than that would just about kill me.  I don’t think there’s a full size lace shawl in my future.  Well, not unless I break a leg while simultaneously loosing all my book contracts (No!).  This shawlette seems to be the limits of my stick-to-it-iveness.

Have you done this?  Looked at a week that’s supposed to be a holiday and envisioned all the knitting time you thought you’d have?  Only to turn around six days later and see yourself only a row or two farther than before?  


Part of the difficulty here is that this isn’t the kind of project you can do casually--it takes a fair amount of attention.  I can’t knit it in meetings or anything more mentally taxing than television or driving.  

What I need is a good long train trip.  Is it lovely in Nebraska this time of year?

1 comment:

Kimberly and Abby said...

That is exactly what happened to me over Thanksgiving week, too. Luckily, after crocheting my fingers to the bone, I'm going to make my deadline for this weekend, I think.