Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Knit Along: Winter Wonder Mittens - Day 6

Exactly what have I achieved here?

We have achieved mittens.  Or, actually, just mitt, as this one doesn’t have the thumb yet that makes it a mitten.  Look at them, they're beautiful.  But I’ll tell you, if one more person asks me why I’m knitting mittens in May, I’m going to do something truly creative with the sharp ends of my dpn’s.  It’s not like I’m knitting a Christmas stocking in July (which may actually be the smartest time to start knitting a Christmas stocking if you’re not fast at these things).
So, I’m knitting like a madwoman this morning, trying to get this done so I can show all of you.  And I make my goal.  Satisfied at goal achieved, I reward myself with a long hot shower...
...and reach up to discover a dpn still stuck in my hair where I tucked it behind my ear like a pencil earlier this morning.  I laugh at further evidence of my knitting obsession, until I remember these are wooden needles.  Those can’t get wet, they might warp.  So there I am, jumping out of the shower to stand dripping in a towel in my bathroom drying off my wooden needle.  Honestly, how ridiculous is that?
Any fan of knitting might not find it entirely shocking.  

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I don't find that odd at all. I showered last night after working outside and found two significantly-sized pieces of mulch in my hair. How did that happen when it was pulled back? The mitten is BEAUTIFUL. Good job!

Kimberly and Abby said...

The mitts are lovely. Last year, I began making Christmas gifts in July. I was sick of them by Christmas, but everything got done in time. I doubt I'll do that this year.