Sunday, May 22, 2011

Knit Along: Arched Gusset Sock from FiberWild - Day 2

Toe-up!

Four and one-half inches of stockinette to make my sock toes?  Check.  Soxx Appeal is a wonderful yarn, soft yet springy with a marvelous elasticity.  They’re going to be comfy, I can tell already, not to mention such a cheery pink.   I feel like this is the warm-up for the tricky stitching to come.  A chance to stoke my confidence before the pattern taxes my brain cells.  I’m ready, bring it on.
As we all know, stockinette isn’t particularly compelling, so I’ve decided to show you my latest adaptation.  I was looking for a way to organize my circular and double-pointed needles, and ran across this accordion file at the office supply store (oh, my, I do love office supply stores).  It works beautifully.  Sure, there are lots of knitting products designed to do this, but I get great pleasure in finding “normal” objects and putting them to knitting use.  
What have you repurposed to serve your knitting?

No comments: