Monday, February 28, 2011

Knit Along: Stirrup Socks from Purl Soho - Day 3

Worth the Wait...

Ribbing is calming.  Maybe too calming.  

Truth be told, I’m getting a little bored here.  Sure, I’ve got to wrangle a decrease every seven rounds, but the other six are...well...tedious.  That’s good “television” knitting, good “boring meeting” knitting, but I haven’t had much time for either of those lately.    

I look at my row chart and see something like 12 more repeats of this decrease stuff and it stretches before me like a flat, straight highway.  It’s times like these when you start gaining an appreciation for size 13 needles.
Still, these socks have such a marvelous elasticity. I love the subtle color changes in the heathered purple of my yarn.  These remind me of the leg-warmers I adored back in high school and college (eek, showing my age here).  And I’ve just the rain boots for these with spring coming.
And so it is that I return to my biggest knitting challenge: patience. In knitting and life, I’m an impatient gal.  It’s not lack of skill that has botched so many bind-off’s in my knitting career, it’s impatience to finish the project.
So practice patience alongside me:  these are going to take a while.  But like most things long in coming, they are sure to be worth the wait.
Kind of like Spring in Chicago.

No comments: