Sunday, December 5, 2010

Knit Along: Super Scarf from Broad Ripple Knits - DONE!

Allie and Football?

I continue to be impressed by this Alpaca With a Twist’s texture and elasticity.  I’ll bet it makes fabulous socks and sweaters, or knitwear requiring a good snug fit such as mittens or hats.  The color and hint of sheen are just wonderful.
I have mixed feelings about the pattern.  I love the geometric pow of the triangles, but it’s rather undercut by what feels like sloppy corners.  I’ll be the first to admit that this may be more a function of my technique than the pattern.  And despite several strategies, I failed to find a way to weave in the edges that met my standards. Sort of makes a girl want to go get more yarn and see what another pattern would bring.  Honestly, I’d consider it, but the Louisville episode is breathing down my neck (or is that my needles?)
Still, it’s so very happy that you can’t help but smile when you wear it.  I’m looking forward to sending it off to Broad Ripple Knits with an accompanying note that will allow the wearer to click onto this blog and read about its creation.  Well, I hope.  That future volunteer might just grin, throw it around his or her neck, and head off to get some football superstar’s autograph.
No matter what, I’ll feel a special connection when I turn on the Indy Superbowl thirteen months from now.   I’ll peer at the television, believing the myth that I’ll somehow know my scarf when I see it.  And that is a gift in itself.  From football.  Who’d have thunk it?

No comments: