Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Knit Along: Cupcake Cutie Hat from Needles 'n Pins - Day 3

Hey, I'm a believer...

It’s just so cute.

The frosting section of this really does look like sprinkles frosting. I know I keep saying that, and I’m hoping the photo can do it justice, but I doubt it. You have to feel the creamy texture of the yarn, amuse your fingers through the little pastel bits...you gotta be here.

The nice part about this section is that it’s thoughtless. Rounds upon rounds of stockinette until you reach a specific measurement. It’s been a while since I’ve had that kind of project. You can watch good television while doing this and not miss something important. It’d bore me to tears on a long drive--you need more than endless stockinette to make it down certain stretches of Indiana, believe me--but it’s just fine for my life right now.

Have you ever noticed that? I’m convinced God knits. Now, scripture actually backs me up on this (Psalm 139--look it up if you don’t believe me), but I have more personal evidence. Doing DestiKNITions means that I don’t really have a lot of control over the projects I’m knitting. It’s the store that makes the choice, not I. But I will tell you that every single project has been the right thing for my situation, my mood, and...sad to say...my available brainpower at the moment. Coincidence? I think not. Providence likes a good purl-2-knit-2 ribbing, it seems.

Which makes my charming little cupcake all the more charming.

How can you not love a God who knows when you need a cupcake? And not just any old cupcake, but chocolate with sprinkles. Yep, God must knit. I’m sure glad I do.

No comments: