Friday, December 11, 2009

Knit-Along: Curly Sheep Needlefeltling from Fancy Tiger - DONE!

Sheep-shape!

Oh my goodness, it’s adorable.

The nose is a bit out of scale, but it’s too cute for me to care. I’m not quite sure yet what I’ll do with it the little guy. The next one...which might stand a better chance of proper body scale...will be a contest prize for my March book about a tiny four-ewe flock of sheep and their sweet librarian shepherdess. But this baby belongs to me, and he needs a place of honor. My desk, perhaps? Peeking out of a bookshelf? This will take some serious thought.

This kit is simply charming. It’d make an excellent cheer-up or get-well gift. A fun and unique hostess gift for the crafty person in your life. Even though it’s simple enough for a young person, that needle is wickedly sharp so I might think twice about giving it to kids.
And believe you me, they don't stop at sheep. Check out this selection--it's sure to have something for that hard-to-buy-for crafter on your gift list

I wasn’t very keen on this at first, I admit. And I still prefer knitting to needlefelting. But I did have a load of fun with this kit and predict just about anyone would. It makes a refreshing “palate cleanser” between knitting projects, and that’s definitely worth its weight in wool.

Next up? Socks from The Modern Ewe with the smallest needles I’ve ever attempted. Will size 0 be too much for Allie and her new bifocal contact lenses? Can she soldier on from Suzie’s cast on? Is knitting two socks at once on the same needle more than you can ask from a writer on a tight deadline?

We’re about to find out...

No comments: