Friday, November 27, 2009

Do over drama...

Casting on is always a joyful thing. It’s full of newness and possibility. Energizing.

With one very specific, very sinister exception.

Casting on the SECOND time. As in, “I messed up the pattern so badly there was no way to save it and I had to pull the whole thing out and start over.” And you KNOW how much fun it is to try and unravel mohair. It’s like the dastardly little fibers refuse to separate, tangling and knotting just where you can’t compensate. That kind of casting on is frustrating. Each--and this one had 164 to cast on--being its own particular punishment for not paying attention. Grrr.

On the upside, the piece works so much better when I follow the directions. It looked sort of tangled before, but it has more order now. Funny how that works, hmm?

Luckily, I had the ride to Grandma’s on Thanksgiving to make up for lost time, but I’m still far behind. So I’ll keep this short. Gotta get back to my knitting. Of course, this pts my next Friday party deadline in considerable jeopardy (especially since I have a book re-write due Tuesday), but I’m hanging tough. Send me productivity vibes and prayers...or coffee.

No comments: