Sunday, July 5, 2009

Knit Along: Peony Scarf from Gabriella's - Day 8

Gooooaaaaal!

I’m one of those goal-setting people. I love to make to-do lists. I adore a sense of accomplishment. And so, with this marathon of a project, I’ve invoked the power of goal-setting. My goal was to hit the 30th row of the larger section of this project (44 rows before the bindoff pattern) by the end of the weekend. Achieved! My spiffy row counter on my brand new KnitKit was just the right touch, and I demanded applause from the family as I clicked that 30th row with a flourish. We’re getting there. I anticipate announcing my finish sometime next week in time to launch the upcoming Bowling Green KY episode.

I realized, as I donned my lovely feather and fan shawl yesterday, that I hadn’t yet shown you the finished product. Here it is. It feels fabulous on, with a drape and weight that will feel just as lovely in summer as in winter. I always receive compliments when I wear it!

Shameless self-promotion warning: I have a new book out this week. Check it out at www.alliepleiter.com.

No comments: