Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September Reader Who Knits: Kathleen Stamer

It's time to meet this month's Reader Who Knits! DestiKNITters, say hello to Kathleen Stamer.

Kathleen, whats on your needles right now? 
A blanket from 60 Quick Baby Blankets called Pumpkin Patch, knit in stripes of autumnal orange. It is a perfect gender neutral color for the grandchild coming next March.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment? 
The sweater I knit for my baby sister when I was sixteen and taking a knitting class in high school. It was my first sweater and I was really proud of it!

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice youve ever made? 
The vest I made with chunky yarn. I found out through that project that I didnt like chunky yarn for clothing items.

Straight or circular needles? 
Circular

Metal or wood needles? 
Metal

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate? 
Milk chocolate

Coffee or tea? 
Coffee

Whats your favorite Allie novel? 

What are you reading now? 
His Montana Homecoming by Jenna Mindel


Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store: 
Common Threads
508 Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 21866
(518) 583-2548
commonthreadsaratoga.com

In thanks for her participation, Kathleen chose a copy of A Heart to Heal for herself and Saved by the Fireman for her friend.  Thanks to the awesome folks at Cascade Yarns, Kathleen also receives a nifty tote bag and ten hanks of Cascade 220 in the color "Puget Sound."


If you would like to be a featured Reader Who Knits, email me at allie@alliepleiter.com for an application.

No comments: