Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May Readers Who Knit: Carmen Auerbach

This year I'm featuring readers who share our love of yarn and needles.  DestiKNITters, say hello to Carmen Auerbach!

Carmen, what’s on your needles right now?
I have Hitchhiker on my needles right now using the yarn that I got for my birthday - Dream in Color yarn in shades of my favorite color.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
My favorite knitting accomplishment was a shawl called Caledonia. it is done in very bright colors and was my first attempt with beads.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
My worst knitting mistake was trying to make a Santa hat felted purse. I never quite finished it. It was awful.

Straight or circular needles?
I definitely prefer circular needles.

Metal or wood needles?
Metal needles are too slippery so I prefer wood or bamboo needles.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Milk chocolate wins every time.

Coffee or tea?
I like tea-- both hot and iced. I don't drink coffee at all

What’s your favorite Allie novel?
My favorite Allie book is The Firefighter's Homecoming.



What are you reading now?
I am reading the third book in a series by Lorena McCourtney- Death Takes a Ride. I have already read the first two books- Dying to Read and Dolled Up to Die. You can see that I like mysteries.


Do you have a favorite knitting character from a book, movie, or television show (Allie books not included)?
My favorite knitting books are mystery books. I like Mary Krueger's books- Died in the Wool and Knit Fast, Die Young.







Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:


The Nook
4738 Main Street
Lisle, IL 60532
630-968-0764

Tina, who owns the store, is very helpful and can solve all sorts of problems. She is open all day and most evenings. She welcomes you to come sit and knit. She has coffee, lattes and all sorts of drinks and lots of yummy flavors of Peterson's Ice Cream.

DestiKNITers, Tina has graciously offered you a 10% discount on your yarn purchase if you mention you saw her store in this blog!

Thanks to my friends at Cascade Yarn, Carmen gets 10 hanks of Cascade 220 yarn and a Cascade totebag. Carmen chose a copy of my historical novel Masked by Moonlight as her thanks for being featured.  She also chose A Heart to Heal to send to a friend.

Readers Who Knit features are open for the second half of 2016.  If you'd like to be featured and win spiffy prizes, email me at allie@alliepleiter.com. 

No comments: