Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March Readers Who Knit - Nancy Davis

This year we are featuring readers who enjoy knitting as well as books.  DestiKNITters, say hello to reader Nancy Davis!

Nancy, what’s on your needles right now?
I always have more than one project going at a time.  An early teacher told me an alternate project can be a good thing when a problem arises.  I am mostly working at making Chunky Knit Slipper Socks by Cynthia Miller. I have directed knitting friends to the pattern on Ravelry.  Everyone wants a pair.  I'm using Brava Bulky from KnitPicks now but also have some bulky wool that I may use for another pair.  I have also been teaching myself double knitting by making dishcloths from some stashed cotton.  My favorite though is the Double-Take Tee from Espace Tricot (also on Ravelry).  A gift of some beautiful Malabrigo Rastita is coming along nicely if slowly.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?
I love knitting with colors and making my own designs using bits from here and there.  My Lusekoftesque Mitts were from a pattern and they pleased me about as much as anything I've done.

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?  
I have sweaters still on needles that I know won't fit or I just won't finish and their little voices call to me in the early dark of morning.  "Do SOMETHING with me!"

Straight or circular needles?  
Circular

Metal or wood needles?  
Both.  It depends on what is free in the size and length I have and what kind of yarn and project I'll be working on.


White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Yes!  Dark, milk and white in that order.

Coffee or tea?  
Hot coffee, ice tea.  No sugar.

What’s your favorite Allie novel?  

What are you reading now?  

Do you have a favorite knitting character from a book, movie, or television show?  
Mme LeFarge in A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens is so deliciously evil and that is documented in her knitting.

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:  
String Theory
477 N. Main St.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois  60137
stringtheoryyarncompany.com

Nancy's prize package includes a copy of The Lawman's Oklahoma Sweetheart for herself, a copy of Family Lessons for her friend, a ten-skein pack of Cascade 220 in Atlantic Blue, and a clear Cascade tote bag to hold it all!

No comments: