Friday, November 29, 2013

Hiawassee Handwarmers from The Needle Nook - Day 2

So now we cable.  My prior planning served me well here, as my cable section was nicely contained in my front needles.  I only messed up once, but in true Allie fashion, it was many rows before I noticed it.  The misdirected cable is so subtle that I didn’t feel compelled to go all the way down and fix it.  I’ve never been a perfectionist.

The color still delights me--there are so many lush tones in there!  You can always count on Malabrigo to come through with a stunning fiber.  Arlene has come through, too, by employing a really lovely cable pattern--something a little different than the standard “twist” and more like an elegant interweaving.  Combined with the pleasant rhythm of the ribbing that makes up the rest of the piece, this is a pleasant section that goes quickly enough to be satisfying.  I’m feeling especially smug in the fact that both will be done when I’m finished.


Don’t forget, DestiKNITters, that today is the last day to enter the Love Inspired Knits sweepstakes!

No comments: