Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September Authors Who Knit: Geralyn Beauchamp


It's time for this month's knitting author!  DestiKNITters, meet Geralyn Beauchamp.

What’s on your needles right now?
A scarf made of several different yarns. It's a gift for my pastor's wife and will be accented with multi colored buttons.  It's a lot of fun to play with different textures and yarn weights all in one project.

What feels like your favorite/greatest knitting accomplishment?  
Again a scarf I made with two different yarns and worked beads into the last five rows.  Tedious, but turned out beautiful!  Again, it was a gift for someone.  She almost didn't get it!  I loved it!  But haven't made another one yet.  When I do, I can say "It's MINE!"

What feels like the worst knitting mistake/foible/wrong choice you’ve ever made?
Early on in my knitting adventures, I tried my hand at making a wrap from some Mohair/Wool super fine lace yarn.  I used huge wooden needles to get that "lacy look".  Unfortunately, the lacy look and mistakes in the piece blended rather well.  Ahem.  I was way into the project when a friend of mine discovered them. "is this project supposed to look like this?"  She asked.   A ripping I did go!  Oh the pain!

Straight or circular needles?
Straight.  Though I'm just now starting to work with circular.

Metal or wood needles?
I use both actually, but do prefer the wood.  No one can find what room I'm in when using wood!  Much less pronounced click, click, click, you know.

White chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate?
Milk and dark, depending on my mood.

Coffee or tea?

Have you written a knitting character? 
Yes.  He is in my upcoming book Time Masters Book Two; The Prophecy which releases this Holiday season.  Melvale is an interesting character.  For one thing, he's not human. 

What’s the last thing anyone would suspect about your most recent book?
That thanks to my character Dallan MacDonald, I am an official member of the Glencoe MacDonald clan.  They sent me papers and every thing!  The Glencoe MacDonalds were targeted for genocide by the English.  Many readers think I made it up.  But my prologue opens with the massacre in full swing.  It was an actual historic event and I did quite a bit of research on it.  It's a huge part of the story line.  Some readers have actually cried when I told them the massacre really happened.

Give a shout out to your favorite local yarn store:
Knitique
8741 Elk Grove Boulevard
Elk Grove, California
(916) 714-7719

Thanks for visiting, Geralyn.  Readers, go check out Geralyn's book here and visit her blog here.

2 comments:

Marian Lanouette said...

I love knitting and when I have stop in my ms, I pick up my needles and think away. Good luck with your book.

Author Kit Morgan said...

Me too, Marian! I love to knit and go over scenes in my head. Only on simple patterns though where I don't have to do a lot of counting! I've made that mistake before! Good luck to you too!