Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Davis Street Shawl from CloseKnit - Done!


Not every project changes dramatically when you block it.  Lace projects certainly do.  Many sweaters do.  This doesn’t.

It does feel as if it’s lightened up a bit, but I was baffled by my nemesis the picot--they seem to look even more uneven now.  I want it to look like someone who really knew what they were doing made this.  A simple design beautifully executed.

Eh, not so much.

Would I feel differently if it were a vibrant, lush color instead of this neutral I deliberately chose for myself?  I’m not sure.  I do like it, and it looks nice--if basic--on, and basic was what I was shooting for when I chose beige.

I suspect I just don’t do basic well.  Unless basic is a black turtleneck...I seem to own dozens of those.  They show off my scarves so well (basic or not!).

Aha!  I just now realized what this basic shawl needs:  a rockingly un-basic shawl pin.

Excuse me, I have to go shopping now...

No comments: