Thursday, October 6, 2011

Knit Along: Angora Lace Scarf from Lion Brand Studio - Day 4

What is it about periwinkle?
There’s something about this color.  I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I find it entrancing.  This is a lovely pattern--elegant in its simplicity--but it’s the color that catches my heart.  I just don’t think this scarf would be the same in a more ordinary color.  It’s like I’m knitting sky, I suppose.  Or a perfect pre-dust summer evening.  I’d drool if a man with eyes this color stared at me.  I just keep staring at it.  Do you have a color that does that to you?
Um...a little help here?
I’ve made more than my share of goof-ups on this simple pattern.  Most of them stem from letting my mind wander (not a new problem for yours truly, believe me) and loosing my place in the pattern.  The good news is that I’ve managed to save myself each time.  The scarf is divided into perfect vertical quarters, so you’re only a dozen stitches or so into a row before you realize something isn’t lining up the way it ought to. I like that in a pattern.  It’s okay to be complicated, just build in a few ways to save myself from myself.

2 comments:

Kimberly and Abby said...

Yellow is the color that does it for me - sunshine, bananas, lemonade, they all make me smile and cheer me up. Coral is a close second. I think I like it so much because it reminds me of flamingos and shrimp, which remind me of home...

Allie Pleiter said...

I always wanted to be someone who could wear yellow. My daughter looks fabulous in it. I look...well...ill. Same with coral. I like them as colors, but am banned from them as clothing.