Saturday, March 12, 2011

Knit Along: Stirrup Socks from Purl Soho - DONE!

It’s a pity these will probably never get worn on bare legs because they are so incredibly soft and comfortable.  Fiber leg hugs all done up in resplendent purple.  Tuck these inside my pair of happy polka-dotted rain boots, and the weather simply will not be able to get me down.  Even Bella the diva dog thinks they’re grand, as you can see.
Long-legged gal that I am, I wisely added an inch to their length so they’d reach almost to my knees.  It proved a valuable modification.  Also, I think color is an important consideration in these.  They need to be in bright colors, even if a creamy white seems doable.  They require an element of cheer in these for them to do their job.  I might cave for a fuzzy winter-white mohair, but it’d take a lot of convincing.
Rainboots are a must where my daughter goes to college, so these would make a superb gift for her fall or springtime wardrobe.  Nice thought, but she’s not getting mine.
This is your last chance to comment and enter the drawing for the Purl Soho “P” totebag, so chime in!
Next up?  Knitty City’s fun, curly ruffle scarf.

6 comments:

Mystery and Mayhem said...

Cute pup! And I love the socks. My daughter's always trying to knit the perfect socks. Not there yet.

Marci said...

Love the pup and the stirrup socks. Enjoy the Koigu ruffle. I've made four, yes four, of them. (See my Ravelry page.) Three went as gifts and then I made one for moe. Each time I finished, I swore never again would I cast on 648 stitches. Then I blocked it, and I had to make another. Block the heck out of it with an iron, just as the pattern says. It opens the ruffles beautifully. A great little each spring scarf!

Kym McNabney said...

Love the pictures of the dog! So cute.

Barbara Valentin said...

Very fun and fashionable! How about a scaled down version for Diva Bella? ; )

Unknown said...

need those boots!! and yes, the p purl bag too!

Allie Pleiter said...

Miss Bella thanks you all for your compliments. And yes, Marci, those 648 stitches will be the subject of an upcoming episode, I assure you. Karen, fortune may favor your entry to win the tote bag, but you're on your own for the boots (besides, polka dots are SO last year...paisley seems to be this year's "in" design). Barb, my favorite sock pattern is still the one from Crafty Hands (see my Bowling Green KY episode). Although I got a killer new pattern for an upcoming episode so stay tuned!