Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Knit Along: Comin’ Round the Mountain Socks from Hearthstone Knits - Day 5

Heel!

Fear my lethal knitting skills.  Stand in awe of my double, simultaneously-turned heels and the switchback, excruciatingly calculated pattern that graces the top of the foot.  

You didn’t hear the grunting, nor hear me tell my family kindly to “leave me alone!” while I dug my heels in (pun intended) and made this thing work.
And work it did.  In fact, I’d go so far as to say that what I feared would be the hardest section of these clever socks was, in reality, not that hard

Which gives this pattern the most highly revered of all Allie pattern virtues:  looks difficult but isn’t.  Yes, that’s right, I’m a fan of smoke and mirrors when it comes to knitting.  Cooking, too.  Give me something that looks and sound impressive but in actuality didn’t ask too much of me and I’m your friend forever.  

Yes, I suppose that makes me shallow.  But it also means that in another couple of days, I’ll have a really spiffy pair of socks.  Both of them.
Impressive, toasty-toed bliss!  Oh dear, I shall be even more difficult to live with than before.

1 comment:

Kimberly and Abby said...

I also adore easy patterns that appear much harder then they really are. Good for my crocheter's ego. I told you you'd figure those heels out. ;-)