Friday, June 19, 2009

Knit Along: Peony Scarf from Gabriella's - Day 5

Ten rows into this, and it’s not as bad as I thought.

I had visions of my Addi Turbo circs not being pointy enough to deal with the lace-weight yarn, but things went along fine. The cast on--and subsequent knit-into-the-front-and-back-of-every-stitch rows was--wearying, but very attractive.

Loads of stitches, though, are still loads of stitches. I confess, I signed up for a class at my local yarn store on how to knit faster as a result of this project. I’ve tried mastering continental (left handed or “picking” style) before, with little success. For the chance to burn through multiple hundreds of stockinette stitch faster, though, I’m willing to give it another shot. I think you all deserve a faster knitting blogger. I know I deserve a faster row.

I’m wondering how itchy this fuzzy section of the scarf will be. Sometimes these mohair-y types are soft and fluffy, sometimes they’re a bit on the scratchy side. You never can tell until the thing is done and blocked, so I’ll just have to move forward on faith.

I have visions of this stunning scarf layered over a creamy white turtleneck and pants with a couple of pieces of stunning jade jewelry.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I’ll have to have stunning reading glasses to match...

No comments: