Monday, May 11, 2009

Knit Along: Carlina Cowl from Arcadia Knitting - Done!

The captivating Carlina Cowl is Done!

I’m becoming a big cowl/neckwarmer fan, that’s for sure.

You can’t quite make out the cables and ribbing in this photograph, but you can see the lovely touches of silver that make this piece really stylish. I’ve found it quite versatile. So versatile, as a matter of fact, that I’m dispensing with the buttons because I don’t want to be limited by how I fasten it. It works with the edges lined up, it works with them overlaid, it works with them fastened on an angle (as they are in this photo with this oh-so coordinating shawl pin). The curved edges add so much interest and detail! I may have to try it again in a lighter yarn someday soon to see how it changes the project. It is soft around your neck (important to me) but at the same time substantial. In short, it’s brilliant. Many thanks to the fine sisters at Arcadia Knitting where you can download this free pattern!

What’s next, you ask?

Well, it’s the introduction of a new DestiKNITions feature: Shortrows. Shortrows will be quicker, shorter travel plans featuring a single store within a destination and several dining/entertainment goodies surrounding that store. Shortrows will premiere next week with an installment on Naples, Florida, where I’ve found the most intriguing new yarn store...

Stay tuned!

No comments: